Anemia: Causes, Symptoms, Meditation, Prevention, Treatment
Anemia may be a medical condition during which hemoglobin levels go below normal. Haemoglobin is an iron-rich protein present in red blood cells, which serves to carry oxygen throughout the body. Lack of hemoglobin is the main cause of iron deficiency in the body. Poor sleep, whirling, and feeling tired too often can be anemia symptoms.
It is a deadly disease, caused by the deficiency of blood in the body. According to the world health organization, approximately 1.62 million people worldwide suffer from this disease. However, this problem can affect a person of any age, but much of it cases are seen in women. In this article, we will share some tips to stay away from anemia.
Types of anemia are:
1. Aplastic anemia: This type of anemia occurs due to stem cells are broken in the bone marrow (a soft tissue filled inside the bones). Stem cells damaged reduces the production of red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets.
2. Iron deficiency anemia: Iron-deficiency anemia is the most common sort of anemia. Iron is required for the body to supply hemoglobin. Anemia caused by iron deficiency can cause shortness of breath, pain, and fatigue.
3. Hemolytic anemia: This type of anemia occurs when red blood cells destroy before their normal lifespan.
4. Thalassemia: Thalassemia occurred due to genes in which sufficient red blood cells are not produced in the body.
5. Phonic anemia: Phonic anemia is another genetic blood disorder that generally weakens the bone marrow. Funerary anemia prevents the bone marrow from producing enough red blood cells.
6. Vitamin-B12 deficiency anemia: Like iron, Vitamin-B12, additionally required for correct and adequate production of hemoglobin. Unlike, most non-veg products are rich in Vitamin B12, but if you are a vegetarian, it is possible that you may be deficient in Vitamin B12. This will inhibit the assembly of hemoglobin within the body and end in anemia.
7. Anemia due to blood deficiency: In addition, to excessive menstrual bleeding or due to injury, surgery, cancer, and digestive tract disturbances, similarly lead to extreme loss of blood in the body therefore anemia persists.
Causes of anemia
- Iron deficiency
- Vitamin B-12 deficiency
- Folate deficiency
- Side effects of some medicines
- Premature destruction of red blood cells
- Chronic diseases like renal disorder and cancer
- Genetic diseases like thalassemia or red blood cell anemia
- Bone marrow destroyed or obstructed
- Slow bleeding (from menstruation or stomach ulcers)
- Sudden blood loss
Symptoms of anemia
- Feeling tired
- Problem focusing or thinking
- loss of appetite
- Tingling in hands and feet
Symptoms to identify the severe form of anemia
- The blue color in the white part of the eye
- Brittle nails
- Willingness to eat cold things or other non-food items
- Skin yellowing
- Shortness of breathing while doing some physical activity or even afterward.
- Tongue swelling
- Sore mouth
- Abnormal or increased menstrual bleeding
- Decreased sexual desire in men
How Yoga/meditation help in anemia?
Yoga helps increase the number of RBCs (red blood cells) in two ways- one with breathing exercises and the other with postures. According to various yoga tutors or Gurus, anemia patients should start their yoga session with Pranayama.
Pranayamas like Surya Bhedan, Sheetali Pranayama, Anulom Vilom, Kapalabhati increase blood circulation and improve the function of the entire circulatory system. Then you practice Yoga asanas, which have postures such as Trikonasana, Sarvangasana, Paschimottanasana, Uttanpadasana, Antakarkarni Asan, Surya Namaskar, Yoga Mudra. These are very beneficial tips to stay away from anemia.
1. Sheetali Pranayam
Practice this Pranayama before sunrise. Keep in mind that while doing these yoga postures like Padmasana, Sukhasana, Siddhasana, or Vajrasana, you sit towards the east. First of all, sit in Vajrasana. Now draw a tube shape of your tongue. Breathe in through this tube. At the end of breathing, take the tongue inward into the mouth and close the mouth. And release the breath through the nose. Breathing should produce a sound almost like a strong wind. Do that cycle 9 times.
2. Anulom vilom
Bring the palm of your arms in front of the face. To close the nose, make the Vishnu mudra with the right hand. Press the right nose with your middle finger and place the thumb towards the left nostril. After pressing the right nose, take a long breath from the left orifice. After this, by closing the left orifice, release the long breath from the right nostril. Follow the same procedure with the other side as well. Do this process five times daily, then gradually increase it.
To do this yoga asana, stand in Tadasana. Breathe in and open your legs 2 to 3 feet. Gently bend your body to the right. Now while inhaling, place the right hand on the feet of the right foot. You can also hold the toe if possible. If it is not possible, just rest the hands to the heel or toes. After it, by raising the left hand upwards, rotate the neck to the left and keep looking towards your left hand. Take the breath five times and exhale. Finally, hold this posture for 40 to 50 seconds. Additionally, the body continues to gain flexibility, you can also increase the duration of time. After doing the right side, do all these steps on the left side.
First, move the waist straight. Keep your hands straight on the floor. Now inhale and lift both legs upwards. Support the elbows to your back with both hands resting on the floor. Breathe in and out 2-3 times in this yoga posture and keep balance. Now lift the torso and legs and align your body in a straight line. Bui If you cannot keep your eyes on the nose, you can also place it on the belly. In addition, keep this yoga pose as per your ability and then come down slowly. Initially do it for a while and later it can be extended.
Home remedies/treatments for Anemia are
Treatment of anemia involves the consumption of medicines, but you can try home remedies to avoid this. Also, if someone has got anemia, then with the help of these home remedies, the symptoms of anemia can be reduced to some extent.
- 1-2 beetroot
- Half lemon
- Wash and peel the beetroot.
- Now blend the beetroot using the mixer.
- Pour the mixture into a bowl and squeeze half a lemon into it.
- Mix the mixture well with a spoon and drink it.
Health Benefits of Beetroot
Beetroot is a highly wise choice as a good source of iron and folate. Iron is an important element for the production of hemoglobin in the body. This remedy of beetroot is to follow religiously for the supply of iron. Lack of folate within the body is additionally an explanation for anemia, so it often replenishes through the beetroot. Folate may be a sort of Vitamin-B, popularly as folic acid. Anemia also can simply be avoidable by the availability of folate acid within the body. The toxin most often consumed as a blood loss remedy.
2. Green vegetables
- Quarter cup chopped spinach
- A big spoon honey
- Half a lemon
- A pinch of salt
- In a blender, add chopped vegetables, salt, honey, and lemon juice and blend.
- Pour this mixture during glass and drink it.
Health Benefits of Green Vegetables
Green vegetables are one of the best and cheap sources to prevent anemia. Leafy green vegetables like spinach should regularly be part of diet consumption. Spinach is a good source of iron that can help prevent or reduce symptoms of anemia.
3. Dates and raisins
- 3-4 dates
- 10 raisins
Eat dates and raisins for breakfast in a day.
Health Benefits of Dates and Raisins
To maintain a sufficient amount of blood within the body, dates, and raisins can start eating. Dates and raisins are high sources of iron. These can help increase red blood cells within the body. Additionally, they’re also rich in vitamin C, which helps to strengthen immunity. These little tips to stay away from anemia are very helpful.
- 2-3 Ripe figs
- A cup of water
- Soak the figs in water overnight.
- The next morning eat it for breakfast.
Health Benefits of Fig
Figs are a high source of iron and folate. Anemia requires iron and folate. Both of these are considered important nutrients. To treat anemia reception, figs are often consumed as described.
Caution: If a lady is pregnant, please consult your doctor before consuming figs.
- A medium ripe banana
- A spoonful of honey
- Cut the banana into small pieces.
- Put the chopped bananas in the bowl and add honey over it.
Health Benefits of Bananas
The biggest reason for anemia is the lack of iron and folate within the body and therefore the banana particularly enriched with both these elements. Secondly, Banana most often consumed regularly to provide iron-folate. Additionally, banana is rich in potassium and vitamins, which can serve to nourish the body. In conclusion, this fruit hence becomes very important and included in the tips to stay away from anemia.
- You can consume pomegranate seeds directly.
- In addition, you can consume pomegranate juice by extracting it.
Health Benefits of Pomegranate
Pomegranate is one of the best options for the treatment of anemia. Pomegranate is rich in iron and Vitamin-C. Iron will help build red blood cells in the body and Vitamin-C will work to strengthen immunity.
7. Black sesame
- 1/2 teaspoon black sesame seeds
- A quarter cup of water
- A spoonful of honey
- Soak black sesame seeds in water for 2-3 hours.
- Secondly, filter the water and grind the sesame seeds to form a thick paste.
- After this, add honey to sesame paste and drink.
Health Benefits of Black Sesame
Black sesame seeds are rich in folate and iron. These nutrients are preferably the most vital within the development of red blood cells. Their deficiency within the body gives rise to anemia. Sesame is an incredible option and regular eating of it can avoid blood loss within the body. This can be useful in tips to stay away from anemia in the future.
Diet for prevention of Anemia
1. Banana: Enriched with iron with other vitamins and minerals, therefore can help you in preventing and treating anemia.
2. Beetroot: Beetroot is a good source of iron while eating beetroot red blood cells and iron gradually increased in the body.
3. Sweet potato: To maintain the balance of iron within the body.
4. Spinach: Spinach is one of the best sources of iron, which can be highly consumable by patients suffering from anemia.
5. Beans: Beans, peas, and lentils are also excellent sources of iron, hence will help you to improve hemoglobin levels.
6. Protein-rich foods: The protein-rich items such as fish, meat, tofu, and eggs are also rich in Vitamin B-12, folate, and iron, therefore, is also useful to treat anemia.
Tips to stay away from anemia
- However if someone is experiencing heavy bleeding or any problems associated with the gastrointestinal system during menstruation, immediately contact your doctor.
- Eat iron-rich foods like spinach and broccoli.
- Eat and drink foods that help within the absorption of iron within the body, like fruit juice, strawberries, avocadoes, and kiwis.
- Additionally include a balanced diet within the diet.
- Avoid drinking coffee or tea with food. These drinks will obstruct the absorption of iron within the body.
- If someone takes calcium pills, they ought to ask their doctor. Calcium is often an obstacle within the body to soak up iron.
- All these are very helpful tips to stay away from anemia.
Anemia is a loss of blood disorder that is easily getting cure with accurate treatment, yoga, and exercises as well as a balanced diet in a timely manner. Henceforth we have mentioned in this article, this problem can also increase gradually, so be aware of it as much as possible. Besides seeing any of the symptoms mentioned, contact the Doctor and eat more food rich in Iron and Vitamins as well as follow the above tips to stay away from anemia.
We hope this article helped you to know about Anemia: Causes, Symptoms, Meditation, Prevention, Treatment. You may also want to see our guide on What Too Much Sodium Do To Your Body, Salt Side Effects, and How To Maintain Hygiene In Intimate Area.