Best exercises for beginners to stay fit and healthy at home
Workout at home is probably something you’ve been considering while sitting on the sofa. As larger part population chose for ‘self-isolation’ and ‘social distancing’ from friends, relatives, and the gym. Home workouts are growing the best exercises for beginners who want to stay fit and healthy at home.
You can wake up 15 minutes earlier and do some bodyweight exercises and before starting your day. Proper workout gives many benefits to your health and body. It promotes your immune system, grows your bone strength, and reduces health risks like heart problems, diabetes, and many more dangerous diseases like coronavirus.
With increasing family duties and a career, the workout gets a backseat on the priorities list. Most of us give excellent reasons for not working out daily. Getting too busy is the most popular excuse one tells. But, with precise planning in your schedule, you can take out some time for your healthy future.
There is no doubt that daily workout is the best way to live a fit and healthy living. To start with workouts, you don’t require to go to the gym! You begin your exercise at home! It may appear a few difficulties at the beginning of the exercise with proper space and gym machines. So to make it easy, start your workout with the best exercises for beginners.
Here is our selection of the best exercises for beginners to do at home, linked with proper explanation of what makes that exercise useful to your body. So, read all the best exercises for beginners and make a best workout schedule combining the exercises, that fit your exercise goals without leaving the home.
1. Press Up or Push-Ups
How to do it Press Up or Push-Ups:
- Get down into a press-up form with your hands arranged with shoulder-width distant and back flat.
- A straight line should be made from your head to feet, through your glutes.
- Lower your body till your chest is an inch from the floor then quickly push up your body by fully stretching your arms.
- That’s one repetition, Do this rep at least 15-20.
Health Benefits of Press Up or Push-Ups
Press Up or Push-Ups are the best exercise for chest and arm muscles as it works on many muscle groups for maximum growth and strengthens your shoulder bones. This exercise can easily be done at home, this makes you for improvement to the more demanding shoulder exercises you’ll do in a gym, like an incline bench press.
2. Knee Push Up
How to do Knee Push Up:
- Get into a high plank pose from your knees.
- Keeping a straight line from your head to your knees, turn your elbows to lower yourself down to the floor.
- Hold your elbows at a 45-degree angle.
- Push yourself back up to start. Thar’s one repetition.
Health Benefits of Knee Push Up
Knee Push Up and Push Up are exercises for beginners style pushup. This exercise is for those people who haven’t done a single push up on your whole life. This move will support you to build power before trying a regular pushup. Knee Push Up will make your shoulder and biceps muscle strong.
3. Spiderman Press-Up
How to do Spiderman Press-Up
- Take a regular press-up posture.
- Lower yourself toward the ground and take your right knee to your right elbow, holding it off the floor.
- Push back up and turn your leg to the starting point.
- Repeat the same process with the alternate leg and elbow. That’s one repetition.
Health Benefits of Spiderman Press-Up
Excellent if you want to get some mobility and warmup before a workout. It’s also perfect if you just desire to change up your chest routine. Spiderman press-ups are an excellent option if you’re seeing to balance things.
4. Dumbbell standing shoulder press
How to do Dumbbell standing shoulder press:
- first of all, get a proper space for standing and holding two dumbbells at shoulder top with an overhand grip and palms facing forwards.
- Assure your elbows are in front of the bar and don’t widen or flare out.
- Push the weights up above your head till your arms are completely stretched.
- Return gradually and slowly to the start point. That’s one repetition.
Health Benefits of Dumbbell standing shoulder press
Dumbbell standing shoulder press is a safer shoulder-sculptor than raising it from the back of your neck. As a trainee, the intention should be to keep stress off your joints and defend against damage called shoulder impingement syndrome.
5. Dumbbell squat
How to do Dumbbell squat:
- Taking a dumbbell in each hand, place your legs shoulder-width distant.
- Holding your head up and back straight, sit back into the squat till the dumbbells are an inch from the ground.
- Concentrate on retaining your knees over your toes and chest out – don’t bend your back or bend forward as you dropdown.
- Breath Out, straighten your legs, and turn back to the starting point.
Health Benefits of Dumbbell squat
Dumbbell squat is a great all-round workout and one of the most helpful moves for developing overall strength. Dumbbells let you focus on technique and control your range of movement at low weight. Move to barbell squats only when you’ve got mastered this exercise.
How to do Squats:
- Begin with the hips back and back straight, chest out, and shoulders up.
- Place your legs shoulder-width distant and bend your knees.
- Squat down holding them in line with your feet.
- As a beginner start with 25 squats a day and then increase slowly as you master it.
Health Benefits of Squats
Squats assist you to get in better shape when combined in a daily exercise plan. It Strengthens your lower body muscles for men and women both. Squats can be performed in various ways like sumo squats.
7. Farmer’s walk
How to do Farmer’s Walk:
- Take a heavy dumbbell in each hand – consider half your body weight – and keep them at both sides.
- Stand up straight with your shoulders slightly back and move forward as fast as you can taking small steps.
Health Benefits of Farmer’s Walk
Farmer’s walk is the super simple exercise with no need to bother about proper technique. This exercise hits your shoulder sculptor, upper traps, and front deltoids. It also strengths your grip, which will give strength to your different lifting exercises too. Another form of this exercise includes the Lateral Step-Out Squat.
In Lateral Step-Out Squat exercise you have to take a large step to the right, next bend your knees, sit back, and lower till your thighs are parallel with the ground. Contract your glutes and push back up through your heels to your starting point. Repeat it to the other side. That’s one repetition. Complete at least 10 repetitions.
8. Lateral raise
How to do lateral raise:
- Stand straight holding a light dumbbell in each hand.
- Gradually raise the dumbbells out to the side till they reach shoulder height(not higher than that) and hold the dumbbell for a few seconds on that point.
- Then lower back the dumbbells to your sides, slowly. You’ll develop more muscle and strength by holding dumbbell for second at that point.
Health Benefits of Lateral raise
If you’re performing workout at home, this is the best shoulder workout for visible shoulder growth. The lateral raise isolates your medial deltoid, the center of three shoulder muscles, supporting it to grow your shoulder width and mass. Excellent for building the V-shape that you want.
9. Calf raises
How to do calf raises:
- Stand straight gripping the barbell, two dumbbells by your sides, or without any weights.
- With your toes facing forwards, lift your heels off the ground and contract your calves.
- Gradually return back to the starting point.
Health Benefits of Calf raises:
Isolating the calves for an exercise can help overall leg. It also improves hamstring and glute muscle. Various foot positions target various muscles. Toes facing in hit the outer head calf muscle more, toes out works on the inner head calf muscle more.
10. Dumbbell calf raise
How to do dumbbell calf raise:
- Stand straight holding a dumbbell in each hand with your heels touching the floor.
- Lift your heels off the ground and stay at the top of the contraction.
- Gently lower yourself to the starting point and repeat.
Health Benefits of Dumbbell calf raise
Too many amateurs bodybuilders are likely to skipping calves workout when it happens to leg day. Some people are even taking surgery to fix it. Practice this exercise into your workout to ensure you’re hitting as several leg muscles at home.
11. Bicep curl
How to do Bicep curl:
- Take a dumbbell in each hand and, holding your upper arms stationary, curl your biceps the weights till the dumbbells are at shoulder level.
- Concentrate on having your elbows still – only your lower arm should move. This will make your biceps more activated.
- Press your bicep at the top of the contraction then lower gradually and again repeat.
Health Benefits of Bicep curl
The bicep curl is the best exercise for growing biceps muscles. By holding your upper arms stationary you target the entire bicep for the maximum increase.
12. Lower back curl
How to do lower back curl:
- Lie down flat on the ground with your arms by your sides.
- Gradually lift your chest upwards, with your arms down.
- Hold your head up during the movement.
- Once you’ve arrived at the highest point, lower yourself back down.
Health benefits of lower back curl
Low back curl considered the best exercise for the lower back. People often ignore the value of back exercises, but they’re important to improve all other muscle groups. Lower back curl is excellent as it operates the whole back and also relieves back pain from days at the desk.
13. Dumbbell step-up
How to do dumbbell step-up:
- Stand straight in front of a bench with a dumbbell in each hand.
- Put your right foot on the bench, push up through your heel to raise your whole body.
- Move down with your left foot and repeat on the reverse side.
Health Benefits of Dumbbell step-up
By stimulating all of your upper leg muscles like glutes, quads, and hamstrings, it’s a complete leg day in one exercise. Also, it’s low-impact, which tells you to avoid the knee damages linked with more dangerous workout moves.
How to do Shadowboxing:
- Choose a fighting position and jump on your toes as you shadow box.
- Bend your both hands near your face in a boxing pose.
- Move your left hand in front of you while the other hand still in the same position. At the same time continue the movement of your left leg front.
- Bring your hand back to the original position and now great the same with other hand and legs.
- Do as fast as you can to make your heart up.
Health Benefits of Shadowboxing
This can improve you to strengthen the rest of your exercise. As it helps in increasing cardio strength, legs, core, and arms. Try doing Jogging on the spot between low- and high-intensity punching for a HIIT style cardio exercise.
15. Straight-leg donkey kick
How to do Straight-leg donkey kick:
- Get on the floor. Your hands aligned with your shoulders.
- And your knees aligned with your hips respectively.
- Keep your back in a straight line.
- Push your right foot out behind you while keeping your leg in the ideal position.
- Your foot should remain flexed i.e toes facing down to the ground every time.
- Take care to hold your hips square to the floor. Squeeze your buttocks at the top.
- Return to the starting point. Repeat a sufficient number of repetitions. Repeat with the other leg too.
Health Benefits of Straight-leg donkey kick: It helps to build glutes with donkey kick.
16. Russian twist
How to do Russian twist
- Lie with your torso twisting back at about 45 degrees, knees bent, feet raised a bit.
- It should seem like an imaginary v pattern between upper body and thighs.
Health Benefits of Russian twist
Russian twist and Side Toe Touch are the two best exercises for beginners for the whole stomach area. It promotes body balance and supports you to remain in shape.
How to do Lunges:
- Drop your hip until both keens turned in a 90-degree angle.
- Step ahead with one leg while maintaining your upper body straight and comfortable.
- Come back to the initial position putting the weight in your heels.
Health Benefits of Lunges
Lunges are the best exercises for beginners on the core that supports you to increase your lower body and movement in your hips.
18. Plyometric, Jumping Lunges
How to do Plyometric, Jumping Lunges:
- Lunge ahead until your rear knee is almost reaching the floor.
- Bounce into the air, making your rear foot ahead and the front foot back.
- Land in a lunge and repeat.
- Land on both feet simultaneously to stop the pain on your joints.
Health Benifits of Plyometric, Jumping Lunges
Same like burpees, these are excellent for developing up your cardiovascular system, but will also support you to build faster more strong quadriceps. Perfect if your leg day has become a success.
How to do Deadbug:
- Lie on your back with hands over you and feet up so your knees are at 90 degrees.
- Straighten your leg till your heel is an inch from the ground and then turn to the start point.
- Repeat with the opposite leg.
Health Benefits of Deadbug
By stretching your legs and hanging your heels you manage on your core stabilizers, not just your abs. That indicates you’re developing muscle you can apply to the sports field, not just view in the mirror.
How to do Plank:
- Take a push up position, but hold on your forearms rather than your palms.
- Make assured your back is in a straight line and tighten your abs and glutes.
- Hold this position for 2 minutes without letting your hips fall.
Health Benefits of Plank
Plank is considered as the best exercises for beginners to target abs. Doing crunches for a long time can put stress on your spine and, when done wrongly, can give you a set of strange, distended abs. Planks are excellent for operating your core in a method that keeps you injury-free and creates six-pack abs.
21. Side plank
How to do Side plank:
- Rest on your left side with your legs straight line and hold yourself onto your elbow.
- Strengthen your core and lift your hips until your body makes a straight line.
- Keep this position while breathing strongly.
- Turn over and repeat on the opposite side.
Health Benefits of Side plank
Great for targeting a tiny muscle in your lower back, the quadratus lumborum. Strengthening it is important for spine health and will benefit you to avoid famous exercises for beginners back pain. Diamond-cut obliques are a reward. If you are facing trouble to lose love handle then side plank is the best to exercise to lose love handles
How to do Skipping
- Take the rope at both ends.
- Manage your wrists to flick it round your body.
- Jump to clear the rope as it goes through the floor.
- Select the move more powerful with double under – allowing the rope to pass round your body twice for every jump.
Health Benefits of Skipping
Skipping and Running are the two exercises for beginners for body warm-up. The jumping rope could be the most effective kind of cardio. A study that discovered just 10 minutes a day with the rope was comparable to 30 minutes of jogging
How to do Burpees:
- From a standing posture squat down till your thighs are parallel to the ground and put your hand on the ground.
- From there kick your feet back as far as you can while putting your arms stretched.
- As shortly as your feet land bounce them back in towards your palms, then bounce up into the air.
- Land and quickly squat down to go into the next repetitions.
Health Benefits of Burpees
Burpees are exercises for beginners to lose weight at home. Some movements can do great than burpees as they complete for burning fat with zero tools. Try this into your home exercise schedule to make your heart rate up, or set yourself regular challenges.
24. Bench dips
How to do Bench dips:
- Stand standing apart from a bench, grasp it with both hands at shoulder-width distance.
- Stretch your legs out in front of you. Gradually lower your body by turning your elbows till your arm at the forearm forms a 90-degree angle.
- Utilizing your triceps raise yourself back to the starting point.
Health Benefits of Bench dips
This is simple to do on a chair, or coffee table. It targets the arms, chest, and shoulders muscle group. It is an excellent workout if you want people to notice your healthy triceps.
How to do Crunches:
- Lie flat on the floor with your back and bend your knees bent at a 90-degree angle.
- Put your hands over your head.
- Push your lower back toward the ground as you raise your shoulders a few inches off the ground.
- Make assured that your lower back stays in touch with the floor at all times.
- Contract your abs hard when moving upward, then return under control to the starting point.
Health Benefits of Crunches
This the very basic and exercises for beginners for targeting lower abs that you should definitely do. By raising your legs you give extra weight on the belly and decrease the momentum that could make this easier.
26. Bicycle crunches
How to do Bicycle crunches:
- Lie on the floor with your back and take your legs to a tabletop pose.
- Flex your elbows, and place your hands behind your head.
- Crunch up and take your right elbow to your left knee, straightening your right leg respectively.
- Free the crunch lightly. Bend your right leg and straighten your left leg alternatively, then take your left elbow to your right knee.
- That’s one repetition. Repeat bicycle crunches to 30 reps.
Health Benefits of Bicycle crunches
This exercise will work on your core with nearly all the abdominal muscles. Crunches and Bicycle Crunches are the best exercises for beginners for targetting abs and oblique muscles. It targets the core and strengthens your abs muscles.
27. Jumping Jacks
How to do Jumping Jacks:
- Stand upright with your feet together and hands on both sides.
- Jump together including lifting your arms over your head and bring your feet separated.
- Reverse the action quickly and come back to the original form.
- Start doing it quicker
Health Benefits of Jumping Jacks
This workout targets the entire body. Jumping jacks are the best cardio exercises for beginners. There are different advantages of including this exercise in your everyday schedule. It makes your heart stronger, develops muscles stronger, helps in weight loss, builds stronger bones, and uplifts your mood immediately, and helps relieve stress. It makes you more powerful, flexible by growing your stability and stamina.
28. Bird Dog
How to do Bird Dog:
- Get on all four hands and legs respectively, assuring your hands are right below your shoulders and your knees are below your hips.
- Keep your neck in a neutral position, and simultaneously stretch your left arm and right leg, holding your hips square to the floor.
- Pause here for 2 seconds. Return to the start point. Repeat with your right arm and left leg after that.
Health Benefits of Bird Dog
Bird Dog is a full-body exercise that needs balance and stability. The Bird Dog pose is simply scalable to your strength level.
29. Bridge Pose
How to do Bridge Pose:
- Lie on the ground with your back and your knees bent, feet flat on the ground, and your arms stretched by your sides.
- Pushing through your feet and strengthening your core, lift your bottom off the floor till your hips are completely stretched, squeezing your glutes at the peak.
- Gently return to the starting point and repeat.
Health Benefits of Bridge Pose
Activate your core and back of your body with a bridge. Bridge Pose and back stretching are excellent exercises for beginners to use as a warmup.
30. Chair squat
How to do Chair squat
- Stand in front of the chair with your feet shoulder-width separated, toes faced slightly out.
- Hinging at your hips and flexing your knees, lower back and down till your bottom back reaches the chair, allowing your arms to stretch out in front of you.
- Push up through your feet and return to the starting point.
Health Benefits of Chair squat
Squat to power your legs and core, which will make daily movements more comfortable. Beginning with a chair below you will help you learn proper form.
Before you begin, don’t skip to warm up for a minimum of 5 minutes! It’s necessary to correctly warm-up before working out to stop any injuries. Relax your muscles and joints of every part. Run for a minute or walk on to get your heart pumping. Stretch yourself and then begin with the daily workout!
Always remember that health is wealth. It’s never too late to begin! Make a workout program. Be strong-minded, take out some time from your hectic day, and begin these simple workouts at home. Eat healthily, burn some more calories, and stay fit and healthy!
We hope this article helped you to know about Best exercises for beginners to stay fit and healthy at home. You may also want to see our guide on How To Use Menstrual Cups Without Leakage and How To Overcome Or Get Rid Of Procrastination.